Monday, February 16, 2009

Quote of the Week

"It's been a great ride. But I know how quickly these fads can pass. You all remember the pet rock, the mood ring, Howard Dean." -Barack Obama

Above is my favorite quote for this week. It's funny how fast things, time, people, and experiences pass by. I have graduated high school and college. I am now in that awkward phase of life. I am suffering from post graduation sydrome.

I've been going to Karaoke with some friends in my city. There are many people my age suffering from PGS. You see, PGS is only reserved for single people working dead end jobs. One's who don't currently live in their own apartment or have something in their life that keeps things from being ideal to the cultural standard of post college youth.

After seeing all these young people suffering from PGS I felt a little better about myself. I am not alone. However, I am alone in the fact that I don't drown it out with alcohol or the excessive use of Mary Jane.

Speaking of Mary Jane and booze. Today I ran into a friend who works in the mall. This guy works at a hat store. Selling over priced Red Sox caps to middle class middle school wannabe gangsters. I asked him how he was. He said that he "smoked himself to sleep". He went on to tell me that he woke up that morning and started drinking. He then managed to get himself downtown to purchase a movie. Afterwards he planned on going home and getting stoned and drunk even more.

Here's the really sick part. He didn't act any different than when I usually saw him at work.

How long does it take to smoke yourself into a constant stoner coma?

This guy doesn't have PGS. He just has S.

No comments: